San Francisco 2019-2
Another family trip; this month we all went out to San Francisco. That’s my second trip this year, and our second family trip to California in 2019! This was mostly to attend Will and Sharon’s wedding in Santa Clara (congrats!), but I scheduled some work meetings, and we rented an airbnb in San Carlos so we could see a lot of the family that lives there.
The wedding was beautiful, the weather was lovely, and it was really fun to show San Francisco to F & T, who hadn’t been there, at least in their living memory. Within the first day we had:
- eaten at In-n-out
- met Karl the Fog
- driven down Lombard Street
- ridden the cablecar from Fisherman’s Wharf to Market Street and back (including hanging off the side!)
- touched the ocean and climbed around Sutro Baths
We had a great time visiting with Erika’s sister and her family; we get to see this crew about once per year (because they graciously travel to Kansas!), but fun to do stuff with them on their home turf. We saw a soccer game of Tessa’s, we cruised around in Dan’s Tesla, the kids went to a circus, they bounced around on trampolines and we all cruised the town on their many, many bikes.
We also went to Muir Woods - our first cashing in of Felix’s 4th grade Every Kid in a Park pass, which I knew I would enjoy but really enjoyed.
- a really incredible exhibit of sculpture by Hector Dionicio Mendoza at the Triton Museum
- delicious lamb shank dinner with the Elkes
- visiting every part of the Golden Gate National Recreation area we could
- driving across four different bay bridges
- seeing old friends in Oakland
- Bar Shiru in Oakland